Bunneh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bunneh

Welcome to the clan site of Bunneh, a MKW clan, we are recruiting skilled individuals.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cruis'n USA Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cam3ron36@Bunneh
F.I.B.
F.I.B.
Cam3ron36@Bunneh

Cruis'n USA Review Empty
PostSubject: Cruis'n USA Review   Cruis'n USA Review EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Cruisn' USA
Nintendo 64
A review by Cam3ron36

Cruis'n USA Review Cruisn-usa560076

Cruisn' the USA on the n64 is a highly under-appreciated game for the n64.

The Story:

Cruisn' USA was originally an arcade hit released in 94' it was such a great hit that when the n64 came out it was ported to it.
Arcade ports always worked in the past but people realised we were reaching a point in time where arcade games just weren't complex enough to be ported to the newer consoles.

Now this is fact & opinion.
Cruisn' USA was often times boxed in with n64 consoles in 97' through to 99', meaning people often tried this game because it came with the n64.
For it's time, in my opinion, I was one of those people, Christmas of 98' we got an n64 with this boxed in, it was amazing graphics, but really it wasn't complex for enough meaning they were still stuck on those old ways of not being able to turn around backwards, no split-ups in the roads, but for classic lovers such as I, it was awesome.

The two thing that captivated this game from the arcade was the adjustable difficulty, and the upgrades.
This meant, when you played a full circuit through the game with an un-upgraded car on difficulty one, you'd unlock a new color for the car, also meaning it was faster and just plain better
The same went for level 3 & 5 with each upgrade, you could get a total of 3 upgrades from the original on each car, meaning each car has 4 colors or skill levels.
The only issue with this is that it is extremely difficult but once you've played through it enough it's easy, I recently got the 2nd upgrade for the first time, it was difficult but believe it or not, getting the final upgrade is easier than the second one.
The difficulty is hard and turned most off but in this reviewers opinion, this games awesome.

There was two other Cruisn' games made for the arcade but they were direct ports with barely any alterations.
Making them outdated for their time.

Graphics:

The graphics are a separate story, like wave race, the graphics were simply amazing for their time, they were enough, again like wave race to draw attention to the n64
There really isn't much else to say, they are just great.

Sound:

There is a video of one of the songs above, they were good for their time but nothing too impressive. enjoyable, and it goes well with the game.

Replay value:

Like said in the above story, this port includes upgrades which will keep you playing and with 7 cars including the 3 bonus cars you get by holding left-c, up-c and down-c on the left 3 cars reveal a jeep, a bus and a police car. Leaving a total of 28 upgrades.
Awesome replay value.

Overall, Cruisn USA is really worth it for lovers of games like rad racer or the top gears, total this game I'd give a 9.3 out of 10. It is really worth checking out for classic racer lovers. Check it out.

Cruis'n USA Review Cruis%27n_usa

Please Comment and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbbrawler.proboards.com/
Ryudo Dragoon
Fierce Deity Link
Fierce Deity Link
Ryudo Dragoon

Character sheet
HP:
Cruis'n USA Review Left_bar_bleue100/100Cruis'n USA Review Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Cruis'n USA Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruis'n USA Review   Cruis'n USA Review EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

My brother used to have this game but it broke, I always wanted to play it. D:
Back to top Go down
https://bunneh.darkbb.com
Cam3ron36@Bunneh
F.I.B.
F.I.B.
Cam3ron36@Bunneh

Cruis'n USA Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruis'n USA Review   Cruis'n USA Review EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:30 pm

It's great, you should get it on the shop channel.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbbrawler.proboards.com/
Sponsored content

Cruis'n USA Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruis'n USA Review   Cruis'n USA Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruis'n USA Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bunneh :: Gaming Discussion :: Nintendo :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: